Sloomoo Institute's mission: deliver joy to all.
We encourage everyone to unleash their inner child, no matter the role. Our world inspires creativity, innovation, fresh thinking, and inclusivity - behind the scenes, at our experiences, and through every touch point. Slime play during brainstorm meetings is always encouraged!
Purchasing Assistant – Sloomoo Institute HQ
On - Site Position
Pay: $24.00 - $26.00 per hour
Job Type – Full-Time
ABOUT SLOOMOO INSTITUTE
Sloomoo Institute is a rapidly growing interactive experience based on slime and ASMR. We are an art-inspired, immersive haven of color, design and play. Launched in NYC in the fall of 2019, Sloomoo Institute has been an enormous success, attracting hundreds of thousands of guests and billions of media impressions. Even more, slime play is known to support stress relief as much as it does your imagination! Driven by a mission to provide reprieve from the chaos of the world, the brand has close ties to mental health non-profits and a dedication to inclusion and supporting neurodiversity through our experience and our workforce.
The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for supporting the purchasing and supply management process including receiving orders, processing purchase orders, maintaining appropriate inventory control, maintains revenue and cost controls, maintaining control of supplies and equipment for all departments, negotiates with vendors as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish good business relationships with suppliers to allow for improved lead times and facilitation of problem resolutions.
- Ensure suppliers provide quality materials on time and resolve material issues and material returns when expectations are not met.
- Follow up on open purchase orders daily with suppliers.
- Tracking deliveries and returns.
- Manage all shipments and deliveries, ensuring accuracy.
- Communicate and coordinate with various departments, including accounting.
- Route items to various departments in a timely manner.
- Perform all reasonable requests by the management team.
- Maintain effective communication with all departments needed to ensure efficient workflow within the company.
- Support the purchasing department.
- Follow up with all backorders and missing items for each vendor.
- Follow up with inventory for each branch and transfer materials when branch inventory is low
- May need to go into the warehouse to check inventory and follow up on orders
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of experience working in purchasing department preferred
- Demonstrates sound judgement, patience, and maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy environment, supporting multiple worksites in different states.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making.
- Available to work full-time on site.
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word, Outlook,
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Self-directed, completes assignments accurately, thoroughly and with minimal oversight.
- Advanced math skills; ability to collect, analyze, interpret and/or present complex data.
- Detail oriented, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
Sloomoo Institute is a company that respects and welcomes the uniqueness of each employee and offers everyone the means to find their place and thrive. We are committed to equal employment opportunities, career development opportunities and promoting initiatives aimed at creating a culture that is meaningful, innovative and successful. Sloomoo Institute does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with neurodiversity or a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.