Week 6- Monster Mash
- Make sure your full name is displayed
- Have all your supplies ready and near you (one of the bags are for “all weeks,” so please make sure you have that along with Week 5)
- Try to get on the Zoom 5 minutes early
- Raise your hand for questions (if it’s dire when we teach) but we prefer to have write us the chat box so we don’t lose too much time
- Have your activators made and ready to go (a how to video is below in the next section)
- HAVE FUN
Slime of The Week:
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Bowl to inflate the Snow
Craft of the Week:
It is time to get into the spooky season spirit! For our craft we will be making potions that use some magic and science to bubble over. Think about what type of potion you want to brew. BOO!
- Liquid Watercolor
- Biodegradable Glitter
- A small jar
- 1 spoonful of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup of White Vinegar
- Liquid Soap (hand or dish)
- A larger bowl to contain overflow
Potion Craft Instructions:
- Set up your mason jar in your larger bowl to catch any overflow
First, fill the jar half way with vinegar, then stir in a spoonful of your chosen color.
Next add a big squeeze of liquid soap and as much glitter as you'd want.
Add in a spoonful of baking soda and start to stir with the magic wand.
The potion will bubble and froth, fizzing out over the jar!
- If you want keep adding more baking soda, liquid soap, and vinegar and stir it up! You can change colors during the experiment by simply adding them over the top.