Week 2- Opposites Week
Lastly, it will be crazy hat, headband, or headwear week so make sure to come dressed for the soirée!
- Make sure your full name is displayed
- Have all your supplies ready and near you (one of the bags are for “all weeks,” so please make sure you have that along with Week 1)
- Try to get on the Zoom 5 minutes early
- Raise your hand for questions (if it’s dire when we teach) but we prefer to have write us the chat box so we don’t lose too much time
- Have your activators made and ready to go (a how to video is below in the next section)
- HAVE FUN
Slime of The Week:
- 1 Mixing Bowl
Craft of the Week:
- Paint Brush (reuse from last week)
- If you no longer have the paint brush from last week you can use the sponge brush we provided in the Week 3 bag!
- 1 Bottle of School Glue (Glitter Glue or Clear Glue can be used too)
- 1 glass jar- any that you have around the house and don't mind using!
- Newspaper, magazine, or any other cut out photos of your child's favorite things!
- A plate or mat to conduct the craft on so there isn't any leftover mess
- A cup to mix in
- A tiny amount of water! (any temperature)
Decoupage Jar Instructions:
- Mix a small amount of water with about 1/4th bottle of glue. It should look like a very watery glue consistency
- Use the paint brush to apply a thin layer of the glue mixture to the back of your clipping
- Apply the clipping to the outside of your jar
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until your jar is covered to your liking
- Let this dry for around 30 minutes until all clippings are secure on the jar
- Paint a thin top layer of the glue onto your clippings to seal everything down
- Let dry for around 30 minutes to an hour
- Enjoy! Remember to bring to next week's class for show and tell